Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

long week

So I learned something this weekend. A few things actually.

1) Hydrocodone-based cough syrup is every bit as good as they say.

2) It's even better with Corona.

3) The weekend players at Pokerstars at the limits I can afford ($5 & $10 SnGs) are suckout machines!

4) I'm not good enough for a $20 SnG yet.

5) I can kick a lot of arse at the multi-table $5 SnGs on weeknights.

Those are the things I think I think, to rip off Peter King. In other news - the planning for the Stoneleaf Theatre Festival continues apace. I'm heading up to Asheville Saturday to audition The Vagina Monologues - looking for two local actresses, to go along with Christy & Suzy for the run. And we're having a fundraiser at The Evening Muse, the coolest place for live music in Charlotte on Tuesday, May 17th to raise some $$$ for the trip. Glenn has a cast for Torch Song Trilogy, now just need to find a Stage Mangler.

Next Theatre All-stars tourney is this Sunday - I'll let you know how it goes. I still say I should just show up, play for free for 3 hrs, and quit in 4th without bothering to pay the entry fee or get it refunded, which is the 4th-place prize. Hey - this could be my week. Maybe I'll rent that Phil Hellmuth video before the tournament. NOT!

BTW - rent the Lemony Snicket movie - Frickin' Hilarious!

No comments: