Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ugh

Headed to pick up my repaired truck today. Total repairs - $2800.00. Kelly Blue Book value - $3800.00. And I need to get it detailed before anyone in their right mind would buy it. Hopefully at this point I can get $3500 out of it, so that I realize a puny amount of profit on the deal. Yucky.

Maybe I should ship it down to Texas - compared to a lot of vehicles down there this morning, it's worth a gold mine.

Honestly, though, I hope everybody I care about down it Texas just got a little rain and wind. From all reports, it was supposed to turn back east before dumping too much on the parts of the state where you guys are. I hope so.

2 comments:

David Westbay said...

Where I am in the Dallas-Fort Worth area took a clean miss. A little rain yesterday, but no high winds or flooding as was expected. Today was crystal clear and gorgeous. Thanks, Ike, for leaving us alone!

Unknown said...

Lubbock got 8 1/2" of rain. Flooded a bunch, but mine was due to the remains of Tropical Storm Lowell. Ike was wayyyyyyy on the other side of the state. Hope you are doing well.

Keep smiling!

IT