Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Harrington

Got my Harrington on Hold 'Em vol. 1 & 2 yesterday, and I think I've sworn off tournament play for a couple days/weeks until I can read and absorb what Action Dan's saying. Too many people are speaking too highly of these books for me to ignore them, and the books (at least so far) are pointing out too many good things/concepts for me to not take the appropriate time to try and absorb the ideas.

For example - I've gotten into a rut in our weekly game of just playing the cards preflop. That's costing me money, and that's also making me almost incapable of running people out of a pot with a bet. My table image is becoming too much the super-aggressive type and I'm getting lots of action,even when I don't necessarily want it. That said, I don't want to stray too far from that style, but I want to make folks think I'm playing crap when I'm not, which is more profitable. So I need to tighten up my starting hands without letting people realize that I've tightened up a little. And that means working other things than just the cards, namely position.

Let's see what I get out of tonight's reading.

J

No comments: