Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Can it be March yet?

Because February fucking sucks. And not just for me, either. Next time I see Change, April (CA), BG or Speaker, we're all doing shots together just for getting through this month. More on that later.

First things first, big thanks to Dugglebogey for my new banner, making me his latest stop on his crusade against ugly/boring blog pages. It was quick, it's cool, and he even helped my e-tarded ass out with getting the HTML poop done. He rocks. And his comics kick ass, too.

Secondly, go help StudioGlyphic's friend. Or if you aren't Filipino or know any Filipinos, register yourself anyway. It's the least we can do to help somebody.

So on to how much February fucking sucks - yet another phone call from the family on Saturday evening. When I saw my brother on the caller ID I thought "Great, he's finally coming to get that couch I've got in storage for him. I need the real estate."

Nope.

"John, this is Tom. Daddy's in the hospital and they think they're gonna have to take his appendix out tonight. Call me as soon as you get this."

Fuck. Again?

Okay, let's preface this a little. My dad is roughly the same age as a lot of my friends' grandparents. Sunday was his 77th birthday, so as a present, he got a brand spanking new appendectomy scar! Woopee.

The part we really loved was the 4-hour wait before seeing a doctor, then the additional 5 hours before they decided to actually operate, making it a grand 2:30 AM when the doctor finally told us he was okay, the surgery was a success.

So I was out until after 3AM with my wife on the Saturday night before Valentine's Day for absolutely no enjoyable reason. But he's okay, in a bit of pain but fine, and he should get to go home today.

I'm afraid to wonder what next Saturday will bring, but if we continue in the slide of decreasing tragedy, maybe all I'll end up with is a hangnail.

3 comments:

DuggleBogey said...

I know I'm really just stroking myself here, but that banner really looks kick-ass.

I'm glad it's getting used on a good blog.

April said...

I love the banner and I'm looking forward to the shots!

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I like the new banner. Also, sorry I cracked your KK with 7-2 off suit...also, Dude, that bad beat you took awhile back was the worst I've seen. Stick with
it, things will get better. They can't keep getting lucky. In the poker game of life, two's heads-up but three's company.