Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, April 01, 2005

Uneducable - or Trying to Remember what I keep learning

So i posted on the CardPlayer forum a list of Things I've Learned - I should have called it more correctly Things I Keep Learning and Re-Learning. A few things about poker, online play and the MASSIVE errors that I make while trying to master this game.

First - I guess there should be some background. My name is John, I'm a 30-something year old theatrical lighting designer and director living in Charlotte, NC. I've been playing poker (mostly NL Hold 'Em) since November, like every other bandwagon-jumping fish in the country who has found the game not only interesting but almost inescapable since Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP in 2003. With the advent of shows like Celebrity Poker Showdown, it became apparent that you don't really have to have much of a clue about the game to have fun, so I bought some chips and tried to learn to play. I've brought a few friends along for the ride, so you'll hear all about them as we go along. I of course, live in a state where poker is considered gambling and gambling is of course, a SIN! So we never, ever play for real money. Not even online, because that would be immoral and wrong. So all the tales that I recount here will be of games for play money. Really, I mean it.

So I started this blog because I read a lot of poker blogs, and enjoyed playing in the WPBT tourney on PokerStars this week, so we'll see what develops.

Find me on PokerStars and Party Poker playing as JHartness (usually poorly).

Peace.

No comments: