Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, December 23, 2005

A few ran(t)dom things

1) Go to salon.com and read Wil's new article on the REAL war on Christmas. I won't get too political here, because that's not what this blog is about, but O'Reilly and his mouthfuckin' thought police are way too outta hand and somebody needs to punch through this bullshit wall of fear mentality that Rove and his puppet presidency have thrown across our country. Rant over.

2) I'm having a home game in Charlotte next Friday, 12/30. $50 max buy-in cash game. Anybody who wants to ride up or down from wherever is welcome. Drop me an email if you're anywhere in the vicinity.

3) This is going to be a rant. Feel free to skip.

Rant Removed by cooler head later in the morning. Sorry for anyone who I upset by it. Was a little hypersensitive due to some non-poker personal life things going on.

5 comments:

CJ said...

Um... interesting way to respond, I suppose. Have you considered she was just a little tilty and that her reaction didn't require futher blog-wide analysis?

Just a thought...

jremotigue said...

Wow. You musta been on jolt or red bull two weeks ago. You woulda totally kicked my ass!

Charlotte - never been. But can I play via video conference?

BTW, you should be getting a UPS package next week... Be afraid... Be very... afraid!

Happy Holidays Hillbilly!

John G. Hartness said...

CJ -

You're right. I've calmed down and have taken into account that not everyone in the world needs to read my damaged ego post.

Thanks for being a cool head.

DP -

Happy Holidays metrosexual! I am afraid.

Heather said...

Bloglines is slow and we've already picked up the rant there.

Thanks CJ.

And yes I was a little tilty, but that is my hugest pet peeve in poker in all the world and it (obviously) pushed my buttons.

CJ said...

Well, we're all friends and we all have buttons to push.

I can put Heather on tilt in 3.5 seconds :-D I'm the current world-record holder.