Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, December 12, 2005

This is just the beginning...

A few thoughts and events from night 1 of my WPBT Vegas trip...

1) 7:36 AM – Iggy gets the entire blogger contingent a verbal warning from the IP Poker Room for dropping the F-Bomb. Despite repeated efforts, we are unable to get thrown out for excessive profanity. Or stupidity.

2)
Fuck these guys can play.

3)
The 24-hour restaurant at IP closes at 10PM Wednesday nights. This is just wrong.

4)
BigMike is the best sport in the free world, answering a Dial-A-Shot at 4AM his time from a bunch of crazy fuckers, getting out of bed to do the shot, and serenading Joanne with a rendition of “Joanada” That man is my hero.

5)
I gotta get one of those little fucking notepads. This bitch is heavy.

Those were my notes after night 1, where Iggy, Maudie, Joanne, Bill (Mr. Joanne), Grubby and me hung out at Harrah's til Oh : Fuck:30 in the morning and then played 1-2 NL Hold Em until 8AM.

More to come, including a boatload of pictures and accounts of storming the castle, a new Mr. Brown Shirt mission from God with Austin April, getting civilians to play the Hammer at MGM, my life as bubble boy and more fun than I even imagined, and I went with high expectations.

I really have to give a shout out to all the folks I ended up hanging with, it was super-cool meeting all of you/seeing you again. To the folks I didn't get to spend enough time with, we'll have to catch up next time round.
For tonight, I'll close by echoing something Joe Speaker said to our blogger table at the Castle - "Will all you guys come move to my neighborhood?"

Even Donkeypuncher. Because boy, is there a bad beat story coming there. Hairy Hillbillies O, Metrosexuals 1.

Oh yeah, and we renamed Austin April JunkKicker. I don't remember why, but I'm pretty sure I got felted to gain her the nickname.

Peace,

Falstaff

3 comments:

jremotigue said...

"Hairy Hillbillies O, Metrosexuals 1."
-I'm gonna have to quote that in my writeup!

Joanada said...

Wednesday night was So. Totally. Awesome. More fun than I could have hoped for too :) I can't wait for the next one!

Unknown said...

Wheel spins > Playing poker