Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Randumb

I got nothing. I've been recovering from Bird Flu v2.0 aka the Waffles ever since I got back from Vegas. Who'da thought that sitting at a table with the bastard for three hands would be enough to get me sick? Anyway, I'm almost done with all that jazz, and on to other things in life, etc.

I've got a couple more articles up at Pokerworks, including one about the sale of Harrah's and what I think it means. Go over there, check it out, and feel free to tell me I'm a dumbass with no idea what I'm talking about. You'd probably be right.

I think I'm finally going to break down and sign up for the Neteller debit card. Since Pokerworks pays me through Neteller, and I'm generally terrible at planning anything in advance, I always seem to be on the verge of a trip to Vegas or somewhere else hoping against hope that my Neteller transfers into my bank accounthit quickly enough for me to get the money I need for my trip/new shoes/whatthefuckever I'm spending bankroll money on this week. The fee structure kinda blows, but I'm always paying somebody for the privilege of accessing my money, so no biggie there.

I've finalized the selections for this year's Y2J end-of-year CD, so if you want one, shoot me an email with your mailing address and I'll make sure one gets out to you. I think it's a good CD this year, with cuts from the Duhks, Sam Bush, PinMonkey, Oakenfold and Jay-Z. Not many places you can get those folks all on one CD.

Go over to gadooney and check out Scurvy's new venture. I've started a site to try and cash in a little on some of his affiliate marketing tips, but it may just end up being a place where I review CDs and concerts instead. Either way, I'm learning the WordPress interface over at boogieturtle.com, so feel free to come visit. There's not shit for content yet, but I'll populate it as time goes on.

That's about all that's going on, I actually strung together two winning nights in a row online, so I'm now guaranteed to piss away the remainder of my live roll at BadBlood's house tonight. Oh well, better to donate to friends than random internet donkeys.

3 comments:

CC said...

Regarding Harrah's, I can't see how this is anything but a good signal. CEO Gary Loveman is an outsider in the gaming space, having come from Harvard Business School. His niche there that he focused on with Harrah's as a client was customer service and loyalty, and he was the mastermind behind Total Rewards. This program basically brought comps into the open for the masses, and Harrah's basic premise is to focus on the mid-tier gaming customer rather than the whales. They've been extremely successful doing this.

Taking the company private allows them to make more strategic, long-term decisions as well as gives them more flexibility internationally. I don't think the WSOP gets impacted by this at all. If anything, look for more investment in the WSOP not less.

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Falstaff . . . thx for stopping by HBP, man! Have read PokerStage (& some of yr PokerWorks stuff) before, actually -- will be coming back.

Special K said...

Read your article on Harrah's. I think you are right on the money. They will spin off non-core holdings and concentrate on customer serivce.

I'm not so sure about needing to use the comps. I would expect them to sweeten the pot to gain market share. Comps buy a lot of loyality with customers for very little cash.

You're going to Blood's tonight? Bitch.