Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm a bad MySpace friend...

I was reminded last night that I had failed to properly link up the estimable Pokerati on my blogroll, and above all, as the illustrious Dan pointed out "we are MySpace friends and all..."

So I made an effort today to add, post-haste, the home of not only the WSOP Player of the Year, but also the home of the fine host of the Beyond the Table podcast, and the source of all the greatest news on all things Texas poker-centric. It doesn't hurt that Michele Lewis writes over there when she spares the time from her own blog, and face it, she's a hottie.

Of course, she doesn't have the sartorial genius of Dan, who can at times be seen wearing a very notthatthere'sanythingwrongwiththat pink shirt at the poker table, and has also been sighted wearing things that he's dragged out of a garbage can. Regardless of his spectacular fashion sense, Dan can't hold a candle to Michele.

Admittedly, I haven't seen Dan in a French maid costume. And let's keep it that way, shall we? But anyway, I think I've now linked up to Pokerati sufficiently to fulfill my responsibility as a MySpace friend.

BTW - if this post, written with tongue firmly in cheek, has managed to set off any kind of drama-bomb anywhere, then I will take my sense of humor out back and shoot it. I did, in fact, leave Pokerati off my blogroll for a ridiculously long time. There was no malice intended, as I love Dan and all the Pokerati folks, and I thought that a humorous way to link up to them would be to make a silly post where I link to Pokerati more times in one post than anyone would ever reasonably do. I do in fact respect and admire Dan and all the folks at Pokerati and would never before this week think that I needed to clarify my good-natured ribbing of anyone in the poker blogging world.

5 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

So, other that playing mixed games at the IP and MGM and the private HORSE turny at IP with you last summer, you don't know me from Eve but can I get a link?

I'm already planning to be in Vegas the week of June 8th again this next summer. I sure hope you guys are already planning the summer bloggers gone wild weekend.

Hint, hint, hint. June 8th looks really, really, good. Just sayin.

gadzooks64 said...

OMGWTF is good, or both if you are feeling magnanimous.

TY!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out even though I'm not linked up either.

Scary news...I borrowed the french maid costume from Dan. It had an awful smell and I had to dye it from pink to black.

Dantana said...

myspace is what really matters in life.

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

For more love, check out the latest episode of Beyond the Table, summarized here. (Extra Falstaff allusion embedded in post for Henry IV fans, as well.)