Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, December 21, 2007

Quotes

My favorite quote about me (and really, all my favorite quotes are about me) from the WPBT weekend.

Iggy - I keep having to update my mental picture of you. You used to be the jolly fat guy, but now you're like Johnny's rock n' roll younger brother.

Then two nights ago at dinner I told our waitress "If my wife wasn't sitting right there I'd kiss you full on the mouth for that."

The reason? She carded me.

And was serious. This is the second time in two months that has happened.

It's also the second time this millenium.

3 comments:

Betty Underground said...

I got carded at the Geisha Bar of all places!

Side note: My word verification is idubro. I Du Bro.

change100 said...

I got carded while ordering a Corona at the blogger tournament! I guess they don't believe that whole you have to be 21 to even be playing thing.

The NL Wife said...

Don't those make you feel good? I so rarely get carded that I am simply amused these days when I do.

I guess I never knew you as the Jolly Old Fat guy - but keep up the good work! It has to feel good, and your heart (and wife) will thank you for the extra years.

Happy Holidays!