Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Up on the Hill Countdown

7 Days and counting until the best damn music festival on the east coast! I can’t say enough cool things about Merlefest, the Merle Watson Memorial Music Festival, held every year in North Wilkesboro, NC. There’s such an amazing collection of different styles of music from traditional bluegrass, blues, folk, rock, world music, Americana to straight-up country and rock. There really is something for everybody, and this year’s lineup is extraordinary, with some of my favorite songwriters (John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Darrel Scott), performers (Sam Bush, John Cowan, Bela Fleck) and a few artists I just have an amazing crush on (lead singer for The Duhks. Tattoed bald chicks are smokin’ hot!).


So if you’re anywhere near North Carolina next weekend, and care anything about good music, you owe it to yourself to join me and 70,000 of my closest friends at Merlefest. I’ll try to keep folks posted of what coolness I see, but I’m not sure about the internet connection at our hovel.

No comments: