Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Headed back to the mountains

My trip dates are indeterminate as yet, but this is a big deal to me.

Why?

Because it means that there will soon be a legal poker room a mere 4 hours from my house, which is certainly worth the drive. With a G-Vegas underground game getting jacked last weekend, and a Charlotte game getting raided by the po-po, I'm less interested than ever in going to these games, and the idea of a trek through the mountains to fleece hillbillies once every month or two is a lot more palatable when it's a trek that I can make on an easy Saturday drive.

So I think once they get this puppy rolling, a road trip will definitely be in order. There are still hopes for table games at Harrah's Cherokee, but nothing positive on the horizon, so looks like I'm gonna be West Virginia bound at some point next year to check things out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sign me up when you figure out when you're going.. that's a helluva lot closer than the 9 hour trek to AC, Biloxi, or Tunica..

Anonymous said...

Nice! Let me know when you're planning a road trip. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Jim The Knife said...

Shit........ lets just rent a bus
Count me in.