Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Not sure how to feel about this...

But I heard from a reliable source that the company I was supposed to be directing a show for (until they cancelled it) has closed down. On the one hand, I hate to hear that any producing entity, especially in this less-than-artsy town, has shut down. One the other hand, the vindictive little part of me is thinking "If you'd let my show happen, your company would still be around."

But a big part of me just doesn't care. I shouldn't have become involved in the project in the first place, I only took it because it's tough to get directing gigs in this town, so I wanted to take the show. But I wasn't passionate about the show, and while I worked hard on it, I never felt a great connection to the script. I was never upset that the show wasn't going to happen, just that the cast wasn't going to get the chance to do the show.

Oh well, doesn't matter now. I've decided that the only shows I'm doing at this point are shows that I can get emotionally invested in. I love theatre, but it's only worth doing if it's theatre I love. Otherwise, I'd rather ride my bike(s).

No comments: