Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Plateaus and Updates

So I've been stuck on my weight loss for a couple weeks and it's getting irritating. For the last two weeks I've bounced between 216 and 217, which is only really annoying because 215 is a magic number for me. At 215 I will have lost 50 pounds, which is 2/3 of my total weight loss goal. And no matter how much I ride, or how little I eat, I can't seem to break that barrier. And it's PISSING ME OFF.

Ok, I feel better. I know it'll pass, and I know it's just a momentary setback, and all that shit, but it is still annoying.

So on to the updates - the number of people already signed up for the Winter Gathering currently exceeds the total number of people who played in the shitty little tournament the Orleans threw at us (note - not FOR us, but AT us). So it's gonna be a great time. With returning regulars like the Good Dr., The Rev. Al, Gracie, The Rooster, 142 Pounds of Fury and the Man of 1,000 Hair Products, we're sure to have a great time.

We've got a bunch of new folks coming out for their first WPBT Vegas gathering, and it's always something I love - the meeting of new people and corrupting them at the Pai Gow table (right, Astin?). Some of the Virgins this time 'round include The Poker Tart, The Poker Peaker, Bacon Bikini Mary, and in a highly anticipated WPBT debut - Kat's Hunny Bunny, putting aside all rumours of his imaginariness.

Yep, just invented another new word - imaginariness. So fucked up in its composition that Blogger's spellchecker didn't even try. Heh. But it does tag spellchecker as being misspelled.

So far I've received zero confirmations from the G-Vegas crew, and neither of the brothers Bracelet have confirmed, although the Endowed One has been known to make a surprise appearance at these events before.

So the time is drawing nigh, and hopefully before too long Pauly will repost his Vegas WPBT primer for all the new folks to get the tips on how to survive their first blogger Vegas gathering (even for folks like Jordan, who lived through a Bash at the Boathouse, Vegas with these nutjobs is something even bigger).

On other fronts, I've been riding a bunch, and if I keep this pace I'll pass September's total mileage by the end of the third week of October, which is nice. I'm averaging 65-70 miles each week, and I'm going to try a 26-mile ride this Saturday, if I can drag my ass out of bed early enough to get down to Chester, SC for a 9 AM start time. That part has potential for extreme sucking. My attendance is entirely dependent on the end time of the poker tournament at BG's place this Friday night.

No comments: