Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Really important question...

Should I get the Blue one...

Or the Red one?
Yup. Car shopping. Really, really evil. But the lease is up on my purple PT Cruiser (with blue ghost flames on the front) the end of this month, and since the company will get me a new car every 3-4 years, I'm all over it. So I've decided that the Element best fits my needs for a work vehicle. It's got a ton of room inside, so I can haul whatever shit I need to haul, it seats four comfortably and has enough headroom even for Drizz, and gets more than 25 MPG on the highway, which is about all I can ask for from a work vehicle. They test drive nicely, now let's see which one of the five dealerships I just emailed will hit my price point for the high-mileage lease I'm looking for (18,000 miles/year - $350/month).

But really, red or blue?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you are buying for a practical reason, then it doesn't really matter..but I'd see if they had some really eye-catching.. like luminescent yellow or something else that really screams "FALSTAFF"!

Easycure said...

Blue with red flames on the hood.

Definitely.

Special K said...

My brother loves his. I agree, it is a good vehicle. Don't believe it if they say "...and you can just hose it out." If they do, ask where the water drains out.

I vote Red with blue flames.

change100 said...

I vote blue!!

I just went through so much hell leasing a car I think I need to go back into therapy. Beware the "specials" in the newspaper-- once you get inside the dealership, they don't really exist!

Betty Underground said...

blue - no question blue. My pops, a washed up Indie car driver, always said driving a red car was ASKING to be pulled over and given a ticket.

TripJax said...

blue

Pokerwolf said...

Blue!

gadzooks64 said...

Blue.

These are fun to drive. The gave me one as a loaner once.

Enjoy!

tcsparky said...

Blue blue blue!!!!

StB said...

I see the box it comes in, so where is the vehicle?

Butch Howard said...

If Change100 says Blue, then it must be blue.

My wife took advantage of my recent Jeep Tilt to shop for new cars and got one of these in that burnt orange color she loves so much.