Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Streak Continues

Wish it were a better streak, though. Last night, $120 freezout in a guy's guest cottage/converted playhouse/efficiency apartment/whatever - three tables in the room, only 16 players showed up though. Pretty decent play on my part, a couple bluffs with bottom pair, only to have a hand go down almost exactly the way I had planned it.

Almost.

I'm in the BB with a little over 7,000 in chips. Blinds are at 200/400 and I'm looking to make a move. It's limped around to me and I check, preparing to dump my 26o at the slightest preflop aggression. Flop comes 2k6 rainbow and I toss out a tiny bet (500). I get a raise from late position and I shove with my two pair, hoping to get called with a KJ or something of the sort. I get my caller, with KT, and we're off to the races.

And a K on the turn hobbles me right there at the gate. I'm busted in 11th, no problem with the way I played, I made a lot of read-based moves as the night went on, but you gotta get lucky to win tournaments, and I was on the wrong end of the luckbox that time around.

Now that my bankroll is less than 50% what it was to start this month I'm thinking it's a good fuckin' thing people will pay me to write about poker, because I sure as hell can't win playing it lately. About half of this horrible run has been bad luck, and half has been purely abysmal play. When you make a $400 call on the turn with two pair against the tightest player in the room, you're probably behind. That sort of shit. But I think my tournament play has actually improved in the last few weeks, as I've done fairly well in the three live tourneys I've played. Hopefully I can snap out of this shit before June, or I'm gonna pay off some other bloggers' credit card bills this summer.

1 comment:

murakami said...

Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing.
sagame ทดลอง