Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Additions and acclimation

So we went to PetSmart this weekend and adopted two orphaned kittys. I know, big surprise. We've named the girl Ophelia, and she is pretty much furniture. She'll lay on the floor or sofa and allow you to pet her, but I'm not sure she actually moves. I haven't named the boy yet, but I'm leaning towards Robin Goodfellow, because he is certainly a puckish little guy. He's all over anything that will sit still, and jumps and climbs and manages to frighten himself at least once each day.

They can't replace Bela, and Suzy and I were actually jsut talking about that this morning. But they needed love, and we needed someone to get underfoot as we walk up and down stairs, so it's a pretty good match. Unfortunately, he's a long-hair, so next time BadBlood comes to visit I'll have to make sure to have plenty of benadryl on hand. Anyway, thanks to everyone again for all the comments, emails and IMs, you helped us through a rough time more than you know. I'm always thankful for my invisible internet friends, and my visible poker friends, all of whom missed our big boy at the game last weekend.

4 comments:

Fuel55 said...

That's the best thing you can do. Pics please.

April said...

Yes, we need pics. And if he is "puckish" can I suggest the name "Puck" then? Always one of my fav characters...

April said...

Doh... someone needs to brush up on her classics.
Going to go hang my head in shame now. It's been one of those days...

TeamScottSmith said...

Just got a new siamese kitten at Christmas, myself. We took about 8 or 9 months off with no cat--and it was a fabulous time with no litterbox--but it was time to have the pitter-patter of little paws in the house again.

BTW, the first cat--Ophelia--her middle name needs to be Titty. Ophelia Titty. Has a nice sound, eh?