Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Frantic

You ever feel like there's just so much to do that it's pointless to start ANY of it? That's kinda where I am lately. Just when I feel a sense of relief that I'm done with one show and only have to focus on one more this week, I get that little twinge of panic that starts saying "yeah, but you've got a show next week, then a conference the week after, then two shows the week after that, so what are you feeling good about?"

I hate that little voice. Couple that little bastard with all the other random shit I've got going on and it's just getting silly. I've started up a bunch of random websites, trying to take a page out of this guy's book on monetizing web traffic and all that jazz, but they take work to maintain and grow. So some are doing better than others. I'm also considering taking the content I've created on Full Shill Poker and moving it here, but I'm not sure. I kinda like having a place to just toss up poker news articles without any kind of real writing, but it also kinda makes sense to have all my poker content in one place. So not sure there.

My personal blog has become my theatre blog, since I've been doing so many shows lately and am trying to keep this one a little more focused, but who knows how long that will last. That will also be the home for any PayPerPost stuff once I get my 10 posts outta the way and can start putting stuff over there.

And there's my home page, which will eventually be a one-stop shop portal to all my interweb stuff, as well as my online portfolio, if I can ever get it built. Which could take a while. There's nothing there yet, thus no link.

Oh yeah, and I have a day job. And a marriage. We watched a movie together yesterday. Lady in the Water. Eh. I'm of the opinion that M. Night Shamalamadingdong's movies have declined steadily since the beginning, but Suzy still digs them. We're glad we rented this one, though. Not worth owning.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I agree with you generally about M. Night Shamalamadingdong, but I liked Lady in the Water. It was a different kind of movie, and it really stuck to that interesting fairy tale in a real world setting dynamic. I'm glad he didn't try to shoe-horn a twist ending in there, although there were some twists, some of which I saw a mile away. Still, give Shamalamadingdong some credit. His earlier movies encouraged studios to return to some more intelligent and offbeat fair.