Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Time to do it again

So once again, it's opening night. I'm able to blog this morning from the exhibit hall of the American Association of Community Theatre conference, where Barbizon is exhibiting this week. Yeah, on top of my work for PokerNews, my pesky day job and that theatre thing, I've got a trade show to exhibit at all week. Ye olde arse doth drag, methinks. That's Elizabethan for shit, I'm tired.

But I wouldn't have it any other way. If I didn't get off on this shit, I wouldn't sign up for it, I guess. Last night was final dress, so we all finally got into all our costume pieces.



















Some were more flattering than others.





It's a good show. The cast changes are working out well and we had a very responsive (but small) invited audience last night. It was good to get the show in at full speed (with a full cast) in front of real live people for a change. And obviously there was a certain amount of goofing around backstage.


It's a good bunch of folks (retards though they all are) and I'm proud to share a stage with them. Our new folks have stepped up huge in learning new parts with only a little more than a week to get into the roles, and everyone has really pulled together to get the set together, lights focused and programmed, and all the costume adjustments done with only a few days of stage time. I just have to finish up the programs today, and maybe blow off work a touch early to take a nap, since I got up at 6 this morning to write my recap for PokerNews and be here at the exhibit hall by 8(ish).

No comments: