Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, August 08, 2005

10 more

I'll get to 100 or someone will shoot me. Or not. Screaming into the void, as it were.

21. I don't really go to the movies. It's not my thing. I like the outing aspect, but I'd rather go to theatre.

22. I drive a purple PT Cruiser with Blue ghost Flames on the front.

23. I wish I had kept in better touch with some friends from high school. I sometimes feel a little drifty, like there aren't people (outside of family) who have known me for very long. And I guess that's true.

24. My favorite book if Pat Conroy's The Prince of Tides. I was never a jock, but I can relate a lot to the characters in that book.

25. I've never been arrested. Because I've never been caught. And aside from illegal gambling, college drug use was the worst thing I did.

26. I dropped out of graduate school after two semesters. Money and annoyance were the main factors.

27. I have shaved my entire face once in the past 13 years. And we're keeping it that way. As soon as I was able to grow a beard/goatee, I did.

28. I'm a cat person. Dogs are smelly and put their noses in your crotch. I only allow certain people to put their faces in my crotch, and no animals. Even from SC, I have my standards. They're low, but they exist.

29. I moved out of my parents' home at 19 after my 2nd year of college and have been pretty independent since then. Nothing spectacular, but that's what it is.

30. I like lemonade.

31. I have a thing for homemade peach ice cream. My grandfather owned a peach orchard (100 acres) and when I was a kid we still had a few trees. I remember sitting on the ice cream churn freezing my junk off while my sister turned the crank. Not my crank, you perv. On the churn.

32. I've never fired a handgun, but am a naturally good shot with long guns.

33. I don't own a gun now.

34. I have 3 siblings - a brother (52), a sister (49) and another brother (48). I was a post-script.

35. My oldest niece is a high school English teacher with her Master's degree. That makes me feel old.

36. I wear a big steel Superman ring, because I think Chris Reeve was a fuckin' badass. And 'cause I'm a geek.

37. I collected comic books for a long time, until I sold them all to buy Magic Cards.

38. I played Magic competitively for 2 years, then sold all my cards for a profit.

39. I never won anything.

40. I ran track my senior year of high school. The thought of a 4-mile run now makes my knees ache sitting here and I become a little queasy with just the thought.

Look - a double dose. If I actually play any fucking poker, I'll put up some poker content.

Waiting on my new Nexgen chips to arrive - should be here in time for my home tourney this weekend (in honor of my birthday).

Peace,

J

No comments: