41. I have travelled to Toronto and Sicily and those are the only places outside the US that I have been.
42. I lost my passport and had to talk my way back into the US from Toronto with a driver's license and smile. Or a hangover so bad the Canucks didn't want me anymore.
43. I was thrown out of the theatre scene shop in college for ineptitude, and now make my living in technical theatre construction.
44. I love irony.
45. My eyes are bluish.
46. I cried when my wife's dog died even though I hated the little fucker.
47. I enjoy cooking, but still eat out too much.
48. Yeah, I know, you can never eat out too much in that regard, you perv.
49. I have accepted my status as geek.
50. I minored in English in college. I blame my diarrhea of the mouth on this.
51. I prefer lighter beers like Dos Equis.
52. I don't really like comedy movies.
53. I think Tom Green should be taken out and shot before he fucks up the gene pool.
54. I love New York City. It has a vibe that I've never felt anywhere else, even Vegas.
55. Having my poem just published in a book definitely ranks as one of the coolest things that's ever happened to me.
56. My first car was a 1978 Chev Impala. I drove it until the engine finally imploded in 1994.
57. I have one tatto. It is chinese characters that loosely translates into Seize the Day.
58. It's on the inside of my left forearm.
59. Yes it hurt like fuck.
60. Johnny Cash is one of my personal heroes.
61. I think the best show I've ever lit may have been the recent production of Anna Karenina. It were pretty.
62. My favorite show I've ever directed was Corpus Christi by Terrence McNally.
63. Edward Norton Jr. is my favorite actor.
64. I watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the dialogue.
65. But I don't even claim to read porn for the articles.
66. I have lost touch with almost everyone I knew in high school and college, and am close to none of the ones I still occassionally see, and I really regret that fact.
67. I've started working out and now remember that I hate working out.
68. I've recently developed a love for 70s punk rock.
69. My dad and I used to watch MASH together when I was a kid. I started buying MASH on DVD and taking them home for holidays. It's still cool.
70. My favorite food is fried chicken from a gas station on my way home from work. I don't want to know what they put in the batter, but that shit is amazing!
71. I still love my wife.
72. I hate mowing the grass, so I make her do it.
73. I have never changed my own oil and do not intend to.
74. I can change my own tires, but pay AAA good money, so why should I have to.
75. I have had only one job since I graduated college. And I still like it.
76. I like to play poker as much for the social aspects as the money.
77. But I reallllly like money.
78. I would move back to Bullock Creek SC in a heartbeat and live in the sticks if I could make a living there.
79. And get high-speed internet.
80. I painted my office purple. REALLY purple.
81. I like challenging my beliefs and the beliefs of other people.
82. I enjoy debate and arguing (as long as it doesn't get too nasty).
83. I love going to concerts, but not much for the outdoor amphitheatre vibe.
84. I go to Merlefest every year with my sister for some amazing music.
85. I really don't go anywhere except the crapper without my cell phone. I even use it for an alarm clock.
86. I'm terribly disorganized.
87. I'm amazed at how uninteresting I'm feeling working so hard at coming up with 100 things.
88. I do wear one of the yellow wristbands. My theatre mentor died of lung cancer a couple years ago. I still miss calling him for advise. Suzy's mom died of breast cancer before we met. It pisses me off that if she had gotten sick now, she probably would have had a full recovery. But she got sick then, and died. I never met her. That bugs me a little.
89. Both my parents are still alive and I talk with one or both of them at least once a week.
90. I procrastinate on an Olympic level. I can work hard when necessary, but would much rather hire a minion.
91. I have had my ear pierced since I was 17. I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way to my high school graduation, lied about my age, and got my ear pierced. If that ain't redneck, I don't know what is.
92. My nephew looks just like me, but clean-shaven and skinny. Poor bastard.
93. I hate wearing shoes that lace, which means a lot of Birkenstocks and Merrell mocs.
94. All I want for my birthday is for people to come over, play poker and be cool.
95. I was depressed for about half a year after 9/11, and I didn't know anyone who was killed or injured. It just shook me up a lot.
96. I spent six months in AA when I was in college. Ironically before I was old enough to drink legally. I realized I didn't have a problem with alcohol, I had a problem with women. And I sure as shit wasn't giving up sex.
97. I know from personal experience that having sex while driving a car means that you probably won't do either one very well.
98. My most prized posession is a piece of Catawba Indian pottery that my great-aunt left to me. It's over 100 ears old and is a really neat piece of family history.
99. If I could live anywhere in the world, I'd probably pick New York City. If I had to live on the money I make now, Asheville. Very different, but very cool town.
100. I am afraid of snakes. Like scream like a little girl afraid. But if given the opportunity I will fuck one up with a shovel.
There. Done. 100 things about me. I dare you to read them all.