Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Experiments

Played a $1 Omaha Hi MTT on Stars last night - sucked. A lot. I've played enough O8 to feel like I know what a starting hand looks like, but Omaha Hi is a lot tighter and I didn't see shit. Finally after the first break I just got bored and donked off the rest of my chips.

Then I played a $5 7-Stud MTT on Party. I think I actually did fairly well in this one. Top 200 out of 550 or so, for my 2nd stud tourney. I felt like I was beginning to understand what good starting cards looked like by the time the blinds were high, and I busted out the real assmunch at the table who kept telling everyone what fish we were. Last time I checked, Stud was a drawing game, but that's just me. Maybe when I'm showing two pair, you should think it likely that one of my other three cards made the boat - SINCE I CAPPED THE BETS ON 6TH AND 7TH STREET!

Hosting a small tourney Saturday in celebration of the birthday - $10 with one rebuy and one add-on after the first hour. Should be fun. I only have room for 16 at the house, but if folks want to come to Charlotte to play, lemme know.

Peace,

J

No comments: