Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, August 05, 2005

100 things about me.

Stole this idea from Maudie. And others.

1. I was born in Bullock Creek South Carolina, but I got over it.
2. I spent a long time beating my Southern accent into submission in acting classes. Ironically, it appears most heavily when I say the word "accent."
3. I'm a stage director, theatre manager and lighting designer. Director by choice and preference, manager because I founded the company, and lighting designer because people will give me money to do it.
4. I went to Winthrop University and got my degree in acting rather than any other type of technical theatre, because I can't draft for shit and didn't want to take costume or scenic design.
5. I like Tori Amos, Sam Bush, The Indigo Girls, The Sex Pistols, The NY Dolls, Bela Fleck and about any other kind of music.
6. John Hiatt solo performed the best concert I've ever seen in my life.
7. And that's a lot, because I supported myself for a couple of summers running followspot and deck crew for the tours that came through a 13,000-seat arena here in Charlotte.
8. I live in what they call the Queen City and I have a degree in theatre. My dad still kinda thinks I'm gay.
9. I'm not.
10. My wife of 10 years is glad that my dad is wrong.

More will come later. Not sure if I'll ever get to 100, but we'll see.

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh joy, oh rapture - a fellow-treader o-the boards AND poker player. Color me happy 8^)

Anonymous said...

Gay!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, The way you dress!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, The way you look!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha,ha,
Not that there's anything wrong with that.