Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Booty Update

So somewhere around the 4" of rain and the 40 mph winds, the ride for tonight was halted for a little while. Since I was wringing quarts of water out of my socks, I came home to throw all my clothes in the dryer and I'll head back out tomorrow morning. I managed 2 laps tonight before the monsoon started, and one after it stopped raining, but the idea of riding in soaking wet bike shorts was something less than appealing, so I called it a night. I'm gonna go to bed after deciding what to do about my soaking wet shoes, and head back out in the morning for a little more riding.

There were nearly 1400 people signed up to ride in this event, and most of them were there for the start of the ride. There are a LOT of serious cyclists in this town, so lots of people in stretchy pants and clicky-clacky bike shoes. Some of whom, like me, should never be seen in public in spandex.

But it's a cool event, and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can manage tomorrow. Earlier today, I figured I could do 12 laps without any real problem, but losing hours tonight is gonna make that more difficult. I think I can still do 10 laps without much trouble, but let's see how sore I am in the AM.

Live blogging not gonna happen - I couldn't find any wifi around. You'd think on a college campus that shit would be easy, but not so much in the middle of the soccer field.

No comments: