Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

This might hurt...

So my friends rawk!

Or they want to see me suffer.

Or both.

But so far, you folks have me committed to 12 laps in the 24 hours of Booty bike ride, raising money for cancer survivors, research and other generally good cancer-fighting-type things.

Each lap = 3 miles.

That's 36 miles. This might hurt a little. I'll be blogging the event on our corporate blog, and I'll cross-post here. There's still a week to make donations, so go here and make me hurt more.

It might not be playing 72 holes of golf in 120-degree heat in one day, but it might get close. But Team Barbizon has a new motto, that Paul stole from some guy in the Tour de France. HTFU.

Harden the Fuck Up.

I of course prefer, PAFSIYG, but some people might be offended by being told to Put A Fucking Stitch In Your Gash.

I gotta go buy a pair of those funny bike shorts. And that picture itself oughta be worth big dollars.

2 comments:

Joe Speaker said...

My prediction? Pain.
--Clubber Lang

Astin said...

36 miles. Non stop? I do 50km (31.25 miles) with a brief break at the halfway mark every year, and while I'm generally fine, my ass kills for days. That's also on freeways, so there's some up and down and uneven pavement and the like too.

Although the one year I biked there and back as well, in the sun, and passed out on my couch for hours and wasn't up to snuff until the next day.

My advice: Stretch. Exercise leading up to it to build some stamina. Bring fluids. GET THE MOST COMFORTABLE SEAT YOU CAN FIND FOR YOUR BIKE.