Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Maybe the fish aren't all drying up after all...

So in between lounging on the sofa with the wife and watching Veronica Mars Season 1 on DVD, I hopped up to play a little $1/2 limit of Full Tilt. My Full Tilt bankroll, while still miniscule, has swelled to the low triple digits after getting an affiliate signup last month. So I decided to return to the game that helped me build an online roll in the first place (before losing it all by playing like a dumbass) - limit poker.

So I sit down at a $1/2 table (no I do not have the requisite $600 or 300BB in my online roll to be adequately funded to play this level, but I can't bring myself to pay even a modicum of attention at any lower stakes) and pick up 88 in the 3rd or 4th hand after sitting down. I'm on the button, and perfectly content to limp in with my middle pair.

Middle position guy calls (I've seen him call someone all the way down with 3rd pair already since I've been here) and Cutoff raises. I call, then SB reraises. MP guy calls, cutoff calls, I decide to get the extra buck from everyone because it's worth it to me if I hit my set. Flp comes 10-9-A, all clubs. I have the 8c, so when it checks around to me, I bet.

SB raises, and the MP 3-bets. Cutoff folds, and I'm a little confused, but I still call. SB calls, and the turn is the 4h. In an even MORE bizarre street, it checks around on the turn. At this point I don't think anyone has the made flush, so I think I might actually be drawing good. I know there's an ace out there, but I don't know where and I don't know WHAT the other guy has.

The river brings the Kc, and my flush is not only made, there are only two cards that I'm behind, the Jc and Qc. It checks around to me, and with the 3rd nuts, I bet out and am called by both players.
My flush was good, but MP three-bet preflop with the 10-deuce off-suit? It's not like it was the hammer, it was just BAD.

Maybe all the fish aren't gone after all.

2 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

Veronica Mars is AWESOME!

And I love 1/2 limit at FTP. On a good day you can find a ton of fish. The speed tables are almost like minting money. For some reason those people can't make a decent decision under a time constraint.

The speed tables have the best V$IP of any of the tables.

The 80th Minute said...

Great post!

Feel free to add the Poker Bloglisting. http://poker.onbloglist.com

Cheers,
Dremeber