Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Oh Yeah - POKER

This hand is why I still play Limit poker ($1/2 & $2/4 on Full Tilt, baby - bonus code falstaff)

I sit down UTG and post. Not my best choice position-wise, but I post rather than wait a hand. I am dealt As-2s.

There's another new player in MP who posts, an EP player raises, MP guy folds, BB calls, I call. Yes, they're rags, but calling $2 into a $13 pot isn't the stupidest thing I've ever done with sooted Ace-rag.

Flop - A-2-2. Bingo!

BB checks.

I check.

Original raiser bets.

BB calls, I call.

Turn is some irrelevant middle card, like an 8, but puts a flush draw out there.

BB checks, I check, Original raiser bets.

BB calls, I raise.

Original Raiser calls, BB calls. Yippee! They're with me to the river!

River fills the heart flush and I have fleeting hopes that one of them was on the draw and will raise me, but I'm not taking my chances.

BB checks, I bet, everyone calls.

My boat is good, worth 10.5 BB in profit, and I stand up before bothering to post my blinds. That was all the post-rehearsal relaxation I needed.

2 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

Noice!

Have you ever tried Pokerhand ?

It's free and the hand histories it makes can be pasted right into blogger.

BB Special II

bayne_s said...

How can you just Hit & Run such a clueless table?