Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I might be an idiot, but...

I just signed up to ride in the 24 Hours of Booty ride for Cancer. I'm fat, outta shape, and look fucking retarded in spandex, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I need to raise at least $100 in the next week and a half to make the cut, so I want you folks to help me out.

Go here, to my sad little personal fundraising page and make a donation. I'll promise to ride a lap for every $50 donated. A lap is 3 miles, and I haven't ridden a bike any distance in probably 20 years, to 3 miles is bad enough. All donations are tax-deductible, so go ahead and throw some money down!

I joke, but cancer is a motherfucker. I've lost several friends to it, and have several friends who are survivors. I'll be riding for my mother-in-law, who I never had the privilege of knowing, as she passed from breast cancer six months before I met my wife. If I can sweat my fat ass off to raise money so no other women die before their time, I'm in.

It would also mean a lot to me if you could publicize this on your blogs, sites, etc. We've done a lot in the past to raise money for cancer, so let's get all our readers to throw their collective weight behind this effort and throw a big wad of cash at the problem! Here's more about 24HOB and the charities it supports.

24 Hours of Booty 2007 is a fundraiser for national and local cancer initiatives.

Our national recipient is the Lance Armstrong Foundation (www.laf.org). The LAF believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist, Lance Armstrong, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people living with cancer need to live strong.

Our local recipients include: The Keep Pounding Fund (http://www.givechf.org/programs-index.cfm), which honors the late Carolina Panthers player and coach Sam Mills and former player Mark Fields. Proceeds benefit the Blumenthal Center for Cancer Research at Carolina Medical Center.

The Brain Tumor Fund for the Carolinas (https://www.btfcnc.org) is a local non-profit that is establishing Charlotte as the premier brain cancer research and treatment facility in the country.

No comments: