Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

More music-type stuff

So I was one of those people who said "why the fuck would I ever pay for radio?" Then I got the new Element (which I have dubbed The Toaster), which came with a three-month trial of XM radio. Fuckers. Yeah, kid, the first one's free, just to see if you like it.

And like all good crack-monkeys, I signed up. So then this week my buddy Chris, who's designing sound for TGPITHOTEL, sent me a link to some John Cage stuff he found on Napster to listen to, and to do it I needed to sign up for the 7-day free trial of Napster to be able to listen.

So I signed up, and found that not only is there a bunch of boogie there, which I can listen to streaming live at work, but I can also stream XM radio via Napster, which makes me think it might just be worth it to keep the $10/month to have the Napster subscription service. Of course, that means that I'll be paying $25/month to listen to the radio, but the ability to select my own pieces of the radio to listen to makes it more appealing. If anybody had experiences with Napster and has decided later that they love it or hate it, drop me a line and let me know. I think I also have an affiliate code for Napster (like I have one for everything else) so if anybody else wants to sign up, lemme know that as well.

But right now I'm thinking it's pretty cool to hang out in my den and stream the Live Earth hippie concerts throughout my house on my laptop as I finish installing my new copy of MS Office, since the free trial that came on my laptop has expired. Thank Jebus I have friends in high places, because I woulda hated to pay retail for this thing!

Oh yeah - and I signed up for Skype, so if you're on there, look me up - I'm, originally enough, johnhartness.

No comments: