Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

This Neteller Thing might be a problem.

So I just read over on Lou's blog that the Neteller founders were arrested for money laundering and that the reason for the arrests was “creation and operation of an internet payment services company that facilitated the transfer of billions of dollars of illegal gambling proceeds from US citizens to the owners of various internet gambling companies located overseas.”

This is kinda a big deal, and for the first time since the passage of the UIGEA I am actually quite concerned about the availability of my money in the few internet sites where it still resides. Lou puts it pretty spot on when he calls this "a shot across the bow" for companies still allowing gambling transactions from US players.

I'm not gonna go all Chicken Little on anybody, but this doesn't exactly thrill me. I've got one gig that currently pays me through Neteller, and I don't really see a problem with continuing access to that money, but like a bunch of folks, I also get some ad revenue deposited directly into my poker accounts, and that money might be harder to get at soon.

Hey Rini - wanna set me up with a bank account on your Rock?

No comments: